Monday 4 August 2014

Week 1 of Mission Impossible

It was Sunday, my first day of training was Monday and I barely slept the night before, went to bed at 11pm, woke at 1am in a panic thinking I slept it out, and again at 3am, 4am and 5am where I just decided to wake up and get ready! I was so nervous going to the gym, arrived super early, so early the gates were still locked! 

The first day of training wasn't too bad, a lot of weight training and light cardio, I came home, prepared my breakfast and lunch and off to work I went feeling motivated and positive. I told my work colleagues I was doing this challenge and if I was tempted by bad foods, to please stop me. The second day I woke up early again, so decided to head into work early at 8am and went for a light jog/walk around the park for 45 minutes (go me!). I also started to get really bad headaches, this was probably from the sugar and caffeine withdrawals! 

The week went on, things started to get easier, the key is to prep my dinners in advance. The only thing that I was nervous about was we went out to dinner with work colleagues to Milanos. I wanted the dough balls so bad but instead ordered me a salmon salad and had a raspberry sorbet for dessert, perfect! I also went to the gym on days I wasn't training except for Saturday because my legs were like jelly after Cardio Fridays with Mission Impossible. 

So on the Monday morning, it was weigh in time! I mentioned that I got my weight taken by the trainer on Thursday 17th July before the challenge started and I weighed in at 13stone 4.5lbs, however, cos I knew I was starting the challenge, I binged on loads of takeaways and fast food and ended up putting on another 2lbs in 3 days! 

19th July - 13 stone 4.5lbs or 84.5kg
21st July - 13 stone 6.5lbs or 85.6kg
28th July - 12 stone 11.5lbs or 81.4kg

I had lost a total of  9lbs or 4.2kg

I was delighted with myself! Over half a stone gone in the first week and for the first time in my life, I am actually 12stone something! This really motivated me and I had to get into my head that the first week is going to be the biggest loss and that I shouldn't expect a weight loss like that every week! 

Onto Week 2! 

No comments:

Post a Comment